We’ll be using Dialog Management with an example “Video Match” skill. Before we add Dialog Management features, we need to create the basic skill: follow the walk-through below. If you need a refresher on how to create a skill, you should look at Codecademy’s Build Your First Skill course.
The video to the right shows you how to create the Video Match skill and paste its JSON into the JSON editor.
- Copy the JSON interaction model provided here.
- In the Alexa Developer Console, click Create Skill.
- Give it the name “Video Match” and click Next.
- Select the Custom model and click Create skill.
- Click JSON Editor on the left side bar. Delete the existing contents, and paste the JSON copied in Step 1.
- Click Save Model, then Build Model (this may take a few minutes).
Once you save the model, you will see a new intent (
FindVideoByGenreIntent) and slot types (
VIDEO_DECADE) appear in the interaction model.
Follow the instructions above and the video to create your own Video Match skill.